Critical Illness Protection
from Ralph Vandervoort
Check these facts. Some of them could affect You:
- 1 in 4 Canadians will contract a critical illness by age 65.
- Canada has the second highest rate of breast cancer in the world.
- For every person who dies from a first time heart attack there are 4.5 who survive.
- 80% of stroke survivors return home, but the majority require assistance with a number of the activities of daily living (Heart & Stroke Foundation).
- The incidence of Cancer continues to rise: 50% of those treated are likely to survive. However most who die were alive more than 5 years after they were diagnosed (National Cancer Institute of Canada).
- Whether you have a family, own a business, or are single, A Critical Illness Plan, described below, provides value when it is needed most.
Critical Illness Plan Features:
- Maintains your quality of life with tax-free cash to handle uninsured medical costs, mortgage payments, nursing care, or even retirement.
- This is term insurance that provides for full payment of the policy value upon diagnosis and survival (usually by 30 days) of a covered illness such as: Heart Attack, Stroke, Paralysis, Coronary Artery Disease, Renal (Kidney) Failure, Life Threatening Cancer, Vital Organ Transplant, Multiple Sclerosis, Blindness, Deafness.
- Added benefit: this plan can help speed recovery by reducing stress and anxiety you could experience with financial hardship caused by sickness.
- Benefits are paid in addition to any personal disability insurance.
- In the event of death all premiums paid are refunded to the beneficiary (provided plan is still inforce).
For further information see also the page on Critical Illness Insurance..