Building Financial Security
from Ralph Vandervoort
Check these facts. Some of them could affect You:
- Myth: Foreign content limited to 30%.
Fact: You can have up to 100% of your RRSP assets outside Canada. Foreign content limit is gone.
- There are strategies to protect your financial portfolio.
- Strategies exist to preserve and maximize your wealth.
- Strategies exist to minimize your tax burden that can arise on death.
- You can use a 'substitute creditor' when borrowing for your business.
- You can Disinherit Revenue Canada.
- There are ways to plan for lower Probate Fees.
- Revenue Canada Attribution rules do not apply on capital gains earned on money invested in trust for a minor.
- There is a way you can use the equity in your home and make mortgage interest tax deductible.
- Segregated funds: for some a viable alternative to investment funds.
- Revenue Canada's top tax rate on: interest and employment income is 53.53%; Dividends is 31.3%; Capital Gains is 26.78%.
For further information see also the pages on Personal Financial Plans, Investment Funds, Registered Savings Plans.
Check also the following additional information concerning: