Working in a Small Business
from Ralph Vandervoort
Check these facts. Some of them could affect You:
- Factor in the costs of individual dental & health plans, which are available for individuals and families. The government provides for income tax relief on the `premiums paid. (Let the gov't help pay for your health care costs) These cover any new illness or accident.
- Insurance premiums to pay for your own disability coverage may be tax deductible if used to cover your overhead.
- Group dental/health plans are tax deductible to the employer and a tax-free benefit to employees. A pre-existing injury or illness may be covered under this type of plan.
- Group RRSP's may allow for immediate income tax savings on payroll deductions.
- Invest early in your own retirement program and use the miracle of compound interest.
- Run your personal and family finances like a business, plan for future contingencies.
- Find out about the 10 defensive strategies on future job changes.
For further information see also the pages on Life & Disability Coverage, Health & Dental Plans, Registered Savings plans Plans.
Check also the following additional information concerning: